Become an MPC Intern
Intern Job Description
The Mpls Photo Center is looking for interns to work at the Center . Scheduling can be flexible but candidates should be ready to commit 8-10 hours or more per week. The internship is unpaid. However, those accepted may be able to receive college credit, time in the dark room, digital lab or audit classes.
Candidates should be detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, have a strong interest in photography, good communications skills and a positive attitude. Darkroom, studio and/or digital imaging skills are a plus.
Candidates should be able and willing to help in any or all of the following areas:
- Darkroom and/or Digital Lab monitoring
- Special Events preparation, including painting walls, hanging work, making labels, cleaning, setting up tables, chairs and presentation equipment, etc.
- Social networking on Facebook and Twitter
- Customer service and assisting with administrative tasks like class preparation, filing, etc.
- Community building
- The ability to be flexible as this is a growing business with a variety of duties..