Escaping the Cubicle: How to Build a Successful Wedding & Portrait Photography Business
Class DescriptionThis one-day Workshop will cover the basis of starting up, maintaining, and growing a successful photography business. From social media & client interactions to bookkeeping & branding, this course covers the basics that bolster the art of photography.
Topics that will be discussed and demonstrated:
- Basic business practices: insurance backing up files other VERY important items
- Pricing: How much should you charge?
- Best blogging practices: suggestions for where to start up a blog or website basic SEO optimization for rankings technicalities of posting photographs what kinds of things to definitely include on your website/blog watermarking: when & where
- Branding: what is a brand? How to brand for your style & what you should know
- Basic marketing techniques: SEO social media business cards having a plan client interactions
- Organization & logistics: contracts taxes spreadsheets including file organization & other not-so-glamorous business necessities how to stay on top of things
- Workflow: how to not waste your time & effective software
- Packaging & delivery client proofing
Students should have a basic knowledge of computers, the Internet, & social media.
|Sunday, April 21st, 2013||12:00 PM||6:00 PM||Photo Coop Studio|
Additional Class Information
About the Instructor
Natalie Champa Jennings is a Minnesota-based wedding, portrait, and food photographer. She adds a creative edge to documentary style photography and has built a successful full-time photography business. Outside of her on site photography work, Natalie's strengths center around the myriad components of setting up and maintaining a successful business. Natalie works as a free-lance food photographer for The Heavy Table and has been featured in over 25 publications including The Atlantic and Style Me Pretty. In 2012 she was the recipient of Wedding Wire's Bride's Choice Award as well as a Fearless award.. She is currently developing a non-profit venture called A Face Project, a collection of portraits and stories from around the world.
Register for this Class
The cost of the "Escaping the Cubicle: How to Build a Successful Wedding & Portrait Photography Business " class is: $150.00
Please Note: This class is currently full. Please contact us if you would like to be placed on a waiting list and advised of the next scheduled class. In the meantime you might consider our One on One personalized education options with our trained professionals.